BERLIN – A knee-high wall, a rusty gate, the brick foundations of razed buildings — such are crumbling remnants of the Nazi empire in the heart of Berlin known by historians as the “center of evil.”
Sixty-five years after the end of World War II, a new exhibition center is opening this week on the site where the feared Gestapo, SS and other Nazi agencies ran Adolf Hitler’s police state from 1933 to 1945.